Full Moon in Aries
Full moon energy is all about bringing awareness to the intentions that you set at the new moon, and letting go of anything that does not allow those intentions to come to fruition. The Aries Full Moon on October 20th asks us to find the balance between independence and dependence, and allows us to reap the rewards of our efforts. Aries brings us the power to begin and the power to continue, pushing us to finish what we’ve started, let go of what is holding us back, and move us forward into the next stage of life.Introspection
In the sign of Aries, we are able to see more of ourselves through the ‘mirror’ of the moon. This cosmic energy is urging us to let out what has been building up inside, and discover what this means for us at this time. It's a great time for introspection and focusing on our needs and desires, and to evaluate our close relationships and how these relationships are fulfilling our needs. Be cautious during this time of arguments though, as tempers tend to be exaggerated under the Aries Full Moon. People tend to be more self-focused and act according to their current mood. This time requires patience, and respect for others' independence.Individualism
Aries is the embodiment of individualism, and when the moon is in Aries, our energy is being pulled to be more self-assertive and personally courageous, as it is a time to express ourselves, and see if we like the direction that our life is taking. It encourages us to be open and allow our intentions and creations to be brought to life, and could also bring dynamic and dramatic endings that feel closely aligned with our purpose.
A few questions you may need to ask yourself during this Full Moon are:
- What are you clinging to from the past?
- What am I passionate about?
- How can I deepen the connection with myself?
- Where do I need to take action?
- Are you fearful of following your own lead?
- Are the intentions you are setting and releasing in alignment with your life purpose?
- In what ways do you need to stand up for yourself or take leadership?
Crystals for the Full Moon in Aries
The following crystals can help you channel the fiery energy brought in by the Aries Full Moon:
Citrine is a great stone to work with under the scope of the Aries Full Moon. Its energy giving powers will lift you up without throwing you out of balance as the stone is all about positive vibrations and embracing your personal power. The Aries sign is associated with warrior-like energy. Our Solar Plexus Chakra is where our warrior strength and personal power are held, and when this chakra is blocked, it can make us feel uncentered and lacking confidence. Citrine is a wonderful tool for balancing this chakra, as it helps us get our footing, stay grounded, and channel our inner strength. Citrine is unable to hold bad energy, which is perfect for allowing you to take on tough times and transmute energy into something positive. It is known for holding the energy of the sun, as it acts as a ray of sunshine lifting your mood and allowing you to release feelings of anger. Believed to bring in abundance, it is said to draw in healthy relationships, with friends, money, and more to those who keep it with them, and serves as a reminder that you can do anything!
- As the Aries Full Moon calls for us to take action, Carnelian is a perfect stone to have during this time as it brings out our personal power and gives us the courage and creative edge to search for and pursue our life’s purpose. This stone allows you to let go of that sluggish energy as it revitalizes and gives a boost of passionate energy and self-confidence, without spinning you out of control.
Selenite is always a great crystal to use when working with the Moon's energy. It’s a purification and protection. Selenite helps with mental clarity as it helps free you from negative thoughts, and fills you with a free-flowing energy that encourages you to grow, be in your full power, and look internally to make the right decisions, as it helps you release anything that is not meant for you. Selenite diminishes anxieties by illuminating us with light, allowing us to lean into a more spiritual energy as we become more balanced and ready to clear the pathway to our life’s purpose.
- Aries can be passionate and fiery, but Aventurine nurtures action and leadership, allowing you to clear out things that may be holding you back. Aventurine is a stone that brings in abundance both through opportunity and personal power. It provides the opportunity to heal old wounds and helps you get unstuck from old habits. It allows you to look inward and stand in your power, but also allows you to attract abundance and recognition for your hard work. It serves as a reminder that you are worthy and deserving, and pushes us to find the small pockets of joy in life.
- Labradorite is a great stone for grounding and enhancing mental clarity. With its cosmic iridescent pattern and energy, it gives a burst of positive energy, encourages self-soothing, and clears out anything that may be weighing you down. The Aries Full Moon is a time for us to express our desires and look closely at our relationships. When our Throat Chakra is blocked, we struggle with expressing our needs, which can strain our relationships with others. Labradorite gives us the confidence to express those needs and desires and allows us to be heard.
When the Moon is in the sign of Aries, it’s important to be self-aware and keep your ego in check. It brings a self-focused energy, and can be a time of impulsive moves caused by rash thinking. This time requires patience, as we tend to be impatiently searching for exciting and interesting endeavours during this time. Take advantage of the fire energy during this Full Moon by having a bonfire or just lighting a candle, and use the energy of the moon to cleanse your crystals, tarot decks, and other ritual tools as you release unnecessary energy. With all of the fiery and passionate spirit of Aries surrounding us this Full Moon, it’s a great time to focus your energy on physical activity and channeling your creativity. It's the perfect opportunity to let your creative juices flow freely, and take action on any projects or ideas that have been brewing in your mind! Your passion could lead to your life’s purpose! All in all, the Aries Full Moon is a time to find balance, without sacrificing our independence. Face your fears, find your courage, express your desires, and own your personal power.